July 2, 2007
I know it’s hard to believe. Planned Parenthood opposing choice? Never!
Ever since Roe v. Wade, over thirty years ago, Planned Parenthood has rallied its forces around the banner of CHOICE. The ultimate insult, by extension, has been anti-choice. If you are an enemy of Planned Parenthood, the banner is hoisted high in the sky and voices rise in shrill chants, “Anti-choice, anti-choice, anti-choice!”
Thus, it is a momentous occasion when Planned Parenthood has adopted the tactics of the enemy. Planned Parenthood is ANTI-CHOICE! Yes, it is. Really!
If choice mattered, politicians funded by Planned Parenthood would listen to parents. And parents have clearly set out what they want for their children. A 2007 Zogby poll of parents of children age 10-16 showed the following:
- 9 out of 10 parents agree that being sexually abstinent is best for their child’s health and future, with 8 in 10 strongly agreeing.
- 8 out of 10 parents think it’s important for their child to wait until they’re married to have sex, with 6 in 10 strongly agreeing.
- 8 out of 10 parents think sex education in public schools should place more emphasis on promoting abstinence vs. contraceptive use.
- 2 out of 3 parents believe that promoting alternatives to intercourse (such as showering together and mutual masturbation, which are presented in some comprehensive programs) encourages sexual activity.
- 6 out of 10 parents think more government funding should be given to abstinence education vs. comprehensive sex education. Only 2 out of 10 want more funding for comprehensive education.
Planned Parenthood would have you believe otherwise. They have spent years trying to convince parents otherwise. They have confounded, confused, manipulated, exaggerated, engineered, maneuvered, exploited…but all to no avail.
Once the truth is revealed, once parents understand the core content and message of abstinence education, by a 3 to 1 margin parents want government funding of sexual abstinence education that promotes abstinence until marriage as the best for their child’s health and future.
Planned Parenthood has reached the end of the road. The truth cannot be denied. Thus it must be faced head-on. Planned Parenthood is finally ANTI-CHOICE.
Planned Parenthood and its allies have clamped down on Congressional members. They don’t care about the choice of parents who choose abstinence education. Choice? They’re against it!
In the greatest ANTI-CHOICE campaign of the year, Planned Parenthood has mustered its full force to deny parents and their children the choice to have abstinence education programs. And Congressional members who receive campaign donations from Planned Parenthood are all too willing to be a part of this campaign.
Until June 30, federal funding under Title V paid for the choice that parents want…abstinence education. Even with this funding, the educational choice of parents received only one-tenth of the money given to condom-promotion education…much of that condom pushing money going to Planned Parenthood programs.
But nine-tenths of the money tree isn’t enough for Planned Parenthood. No. They want it all. Choice? Hang Choice. Forget Choice. Kill Choice.
July 1, is a watershed date. It is the line in the sand. It is the time when parents must finally take things into their own hands and demand that their choice be heard. They must gather their voices and rattle the phones of the Congressional representatives who are supposed to represent them.
If not, Planned Parenthood will have ten-tenths. And our children will have nothing. This is clearly the goal of Planned Parenthood in its fierce campaign…ANTI-CHOICE!